Why choose Jenergy Matters Ltd?
- Radon in homes is our only business, not a sideline or teaser to upsell you on other products or services.
- We are Calgary-based Albertans, not a franchise from out of province or out of country with practices unsuited to our climate. You may contact us directly, no 1-800 numbers – see our Contact page
- We don’t overbook ever. Your project is our only concern when we are on site and the work is not time sensitive – we provide as much effort as needed for as long as it takes to get you the best result possible.
- We abide by Canadian (cold weather) Best Practices as recommended by Health Canada, the Canadian General Standards Board (CGSB), the Canadian National Radon Proficiency Program (C-NRPP), and the Canadian Association of Radon Scientists and Technologists (CARST).
- We will travel anywhere to find and eliminate Radon and we have completed mitigations in Lethbridge, Calgary, Sundre, Edmonton and St. Albert. As the Evict Radon campaign expands across Alberta, we will service clients wherever concerning levels of Radon are found.
- With over 50 years’ experience in Business and specialized training in Building Science, Earth Sciences, Home Construction, Building Codes and Radon threats, our approach is scientific, measurable and successful.
- Our experience in Radon Mitigations includes Sub-Slab depressurizations, Sump and Drain Tile depressurizations, crawl space Membrane Depressurizations and combinations of these.
- If testing reveals a high concentration of Radon in your home, we can provide advice, inspections, and all the specialized equipment and supplies needed to properly diagnose, design and install the most cost-effective, efficient system available for your home whether it is an older home, newly built or still in the planning stage.
- We support and recommend the testing efforts of the “Evict Radon” campaign (formerly Citizen Scientist) to raise awareness of testing for Radon in Homes, Schools, Daycares and Businesses. The program is administered through Calgary’s Cumming School of Medicine, which is home to the Robson DNA Science Centre at the Southern Alberta Cancer Research Institute at the Foothills Hospital. See our Contacts page for details.
- We actively volunteer on National and Provincial committees to assist Take Action on Radon, C-NRPP, CARST. These committees inform and enhance the work of Provincial Lung Associations, the Canadian Cancer Society and Health Canada as well as local research groups to improve testing, mitigations and health concerns surrounding radon in Canada. Through volunteering and committee work we remain at the forefront of developing research and technology.
- Increase awareness and testing for Radon in all homes.
- Provide sound advice and design information for homeowners and clients of Realtors, Renovators, and Builders.
- Provide safe, scientific, and measurable mitigations at a reasonable price.
- Provide free service calls and warrantied work for our clients.
The Canadian National Radon Proficiency Program (C-NRPP) administers teaching, testing and Certification of Radon professionals guided by the science and best practices developed over decades through the Center of Environmental Research and Technology (CERTI) and the U.S. Environmental protection Agency (EPA). As of 2018, and with the support of Health Canada, C-NRPP, CARST and others, the Canadian General Standards Board published a Canadian Standard for the mitigation of Radon in Low Rise Residential Buildings and further work is underway for new construction and high rise buildings. Only C-NRPP Certified personnel should be involved in Testing and Mitigation services and a directory of those may be found on the C-NRPP website, or through the Canadian Cancer Society, Lung Associations, CARST, and Health Canada.